Clean Room Foggers
Utility Fogger II and UF2 used in Pharmaceutical apps
Di Water Fogger uses Di Water, WFI Pharma water
Cleanroom Fogger supersedes the UF2 Fogger
M2001 Fogger is an UltraPure Fogger
Clean Room Foggers provide 6cfm of fog, 60 minutes
Clean Room Foggers, Airflow Visualizer
Clean Room FoggersClean Room Foggers are used to visually describe airflow, turbulence and air patterns with a pure fog in Pharmaceutical and Semiconductor facilities. The video describes the airflow characteristics for Pharmaceutical managers and Semiconductor Facility Managers.
No cleanup or wipe down is required after use, saving significant labor.
No set up time is required to start the fog process as compared to ultraPure foggers and LN2 foggers.
Instant On/Off of Fog production is provided
Longest Fog period of 60 minutes is provided without refill
Low cost as compared to LN2 fog units and portable fog units
1) Clean Room Fogger (CRF) Description: The CRF is a DI Water fogger using a single sonicator module with 9 sonicating elements inside the water cavity. Operation is straight forward by turning power on, and it immediately begins to generate fog, which exits the top of the water fill opening thru a flexible hose. The hose can be manipulated in a vertical manner or in any direction at 360 degrees around the unit, thus directing the fog in the direction required to visualize airflow, turbulence and patterns. An optional Fog Curtain Wand is available, which can be attached to the end of the Fog hose, converting the FOG STREAM output to a FOG CURTAIN output. The Fog stream is useful when one wishes to direct the full fog volume into a concentrated area, while the Fog Curtain Wand is used when one wishes to spread the fog volume out across a wide area to visualize a wider area such as a door way or laminar flow. Operating Instructions are on the side of the enclosure, so there is no requirement for paper inside the production area. A Water Fill LINE indicator is provided so the operator does not over fill the water cavity. A LOW WATER INTERLOCK inside the water cavity will shut power off to the sonicator assembly to prevent a low water situation over the sonicators. When water level inside the water cavity reaches a pre-defined low level, the interlock shuts power off to the sonicators, leaving power on to the fans. The Airflow Visualizer is used to visualize airflow, turbulence and patterns around equipment, searching for unwanted airflow instabilities, which cause migration of contamination, (particulate or biological) into the pharmaceutical production process.
2) Preparation: Place the Airflow Visualizer on a Bench or a Rolling Trolley, connect the power cable from the fog product to the Power Transformer. Plug the Power Transformer into the wall for power, which converts 115VAC or 220VAC to 48Vdc power to the fog unit. Remove the Top Black Cap from the water fill port, and store the Black Cap as appropriate. Fill water into the water cavity (use only DI water or WFI Pharma water) to the Water Fill LINE, as indicated on the left side of the enclosures. Ensure the Drain Plug, located at bottom right of the front panel, is tight by looking for any unwanted, water dripping from the Drain Plug. Tighten Drain Plug as appropriate. Connect the Flexible White Hose to the top opening of the water input port by slipping the hose over the 2" wide opening tube. Rotate the white hose in the direction desired to visualize airflow and turbulence. If an optional Fog Curtain Wand is required to widen the fog visual pattern, connect the Fog Curtain Wand to the flexible hose. Turn Fog power on and begin the fog visualization process to provide a typical 6-8 CFM of pure fog for a period of 60 minutes. Once the airflow visualization operation is complete, drain water and store fog unit as noted in #3 below.
3) Storage: Once fogging operation has been completed, the enclosure provides a drain port to empty water from the water tank. The fans can be left on after draining so as to evaporate any remaining water inside the water tank, thus keeping bacteria growth from occurring. Once the Fogging action is complete, place the black cap on the top water input opening, re-insert the drain plug, disconnect power from the power transformer and fog unit, wrap power cord up as required, disconnect Power Transformer from the Wall Outlet. Store product, Power Cable, white hose and Power Transformer on a shelf, or store the parts inside an optional Rolling Carry/Storage Case.
4) Technician Operation and Training: With power turned on, the Technician can use the Fog output in several manners to visualize airflow, turbulence and patterns. If the interest is visualizing equipment dead zones, the technician can use the fog stream to surround equipment in the airflow. Watch the airflow as it is visualized moving around the equipment. Look for dead zones which are possible particle traps that can enter into the pharmaceutical production process areas and semiconductor rooms. The equipment should have a smooth airflow pattern around the perimeter of the enclosure. Look for exhaust outputs from exhaust fans as well as enclosure openings where inside the enclosure can escape to production areas of the ISO 5-9 areas or clean rooms. There should be no exhaust outputs into critical production areas. View the Clean Room Fogger video for examples of Equipment exhaust, which is undesired in the ISO 5-9 production area.
5) SOP, Clean Room Fogger - (DO NOT TIP UNIT OVER AT ANY TIME WHEN CAVITY IS FILLED w/ WATER)
A Remove product and any accessories, if purchased, from Storage. Set fog unit and accessories on bench top or rolling cart (trolley).
B Remove black cap from top water fill port, store black cap.
C Ensure power switch is in OFF position (DOWN).
D Ensure Drain Plug is installed at the front, lower right location.
E Connect Remote On/Off Power Cable for behind wall operation, if required.
F Connect Power Transformer cable between the CRF (front lower left connector) and the Power Transformer.
G Fill DI Water or WFI water in the top aperture, be careful not to over fill by using FILL MARK on left side of CRF. Look for Drain Plug leaks, and if leak is found, tighten Drain Plug as required. DO NOT TIP PRODUCT OVER DURING OPERATION.
H Place white, flexible fog hose over top water fill port, snug down to the bottom of the water fill port.
I Position the Flexible hose in the direction that fog is desired to go, or attach the optional Fog Curtain Wand to the end of the flexible hose.
J Turn Airflow Visualizer power switch ON. If Remote Power Cable is being used, the Remote Cable will control power via on/off switch.
K Direct Fog output via HOSE (as a stream of fog) or via Fog Curtain Wand (as a fog curtain) over and around area of interest. Fog at different angles around equipment, especially around exhaust ports and enclosure openings.
L Look for turbulence from exhaust fan outputs or enclosure gaps, where turbulence is created due to instrument design interference to laminar flow around equipment.
M Look for interference in walkways, when entry doors are opened/closed.
N Look for turbulence and patterns of the general laminar flow coming from laminar source.
P Look for exhaust turbulence around each instrument in the critical ISO5 production areas.
Q Note each unwanted turbulence in LOG, and/or video each unwanted turbulence.
R When Fog Process is complete, Turn Power Off, remove Accessories.
S Place water drain port of the fog product over Sink and remove DRAIN PLUG. Drain water into drain receptacle.
T DO NOT TIP UNIT DURING DRAIN PROCESS.
U When water has drained, turn power switch on, which turns fan on, to evaporate remaining water in cavity.
V Turn Power off and disconnect power and cables.
W Place Black Cap on top exit water fill port.
X Ensure all water is evaporated from inner cavity by tipping Airflow Visualizer to one corner, keep fan on until all water evaporated. Replace Drain Plug.
Y Place CRF and Accessories in optional Rolling Carry /Storage Case, if available.
Z Store in Class 100 storage area.
The features and applications of clean room foggers are noted below, which supports USP 797 Pharmaceutical In-Situ Airflow Analysis and Semi Standards clean room requirements. These airflow visualizers use sonicators to convert Di Water or WFI Deionized water to water vapor, which permits a low cost approach to visualizing airflow in clean rooms, around equipment, isolator boxes, glove boxes, etc. The clean room fogger replaces the original or Utility Fogger and UF2. Also referred to as a DI Water Fogger, it is designed for low cost, easy to use visualization of airflow and turbulence with on/off fog control in clean spaces and around equipment. Fog visibility distance is based on airflow velocity and humidity around the fog. DI Water Foggers produce a 65 degree, visible vapor composed of microscopic DI water droplets (fog) at 8-10 micron droplet . The fog is as clean as the DI Water or WFI Water used. 16 Meg Ohm DI water is typical Di Water used, or you can use Distilled Pharmaceutical WFI water. Please go to our main link at Applied Physics.
Clean Room Fogger: Applications and Features:
Supports USP 797 Pharmaceutical In-Situ Airflow Analysis
Supports Semiconductor Clean Room requirements
Supersedes the Utility Fogger and UF2
Video Airflow Patterns, Air Migration and Turbulence in clean rooms
Polypropylene Enclosure: No Fingerprints as with SS, Easy to Clean
Create Pure Fog with Di Water or Distilled WFI Water
Visualize Pharmaceutical Isolator Boxes, Glove Boxes and Fume Hoods
Airflow Visualizer of air patterns and turbulence
Visualize Semiconductor Clean Room Pressure / Turbulence Issues
Leak detection in air ducts
Clean room laminar flow and turbulence tests
Wet bench exhaust optimization
Personal safety exhaust verification
Chemical process equipment ventilation tests
Pressure balancing between rooms and spaces
Fill Level Indicator and Water Drain
Airflow Visualizer with 6cfm of Fog for 60 Minutes Operation - Refill and Continue Fogging Immediately
Top Holding Handle Provides Convenient Carry Handle
Fog Curtain Tube , Optional to create a visible Fog Curtain Wall
Low Water Sensors for Transducer Protection
Corrugated, White Fog Tube, 30 to 80 inches, 2.35 inches ID, 2.6 inches OD
On/Off Power Switch
Optional Remote On/OFF Power Cable to operate Airflow Visualizer behind a Barrier Isolator or clean wall
Visit our Applied Physics WEB site at Applied Physics USA.